Veterans Park Elementary
VPE SACS Accreditation
VPE has been awarded continuing Accreditation with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). Click here for the full report.
Superintendent Search Session
Want your voice heard? Join us on Tuesday, March 3, at 5:30 p.m. in the VPE library for a listening session for all community stakeholders who would like to have their voices heard on the current FCPS superintendent search. Click here for more information.
Read Across America Week
In celebration of Dr. Seuss’ birthday on March 2nd, the following activities will take place during Read Across America Week:
- Monday, March 2: Fox in Socks Day-wear crazy socks
- Tuesday, March 3: Put on your Hat and Read with the Cat-Hat Day
- Wednesday, March 4: My Many Colored Days-Wear as many colors as you can!!
- Thursday, March 5: Join us for a SCHOOLWIDE LITERACY NIGHT: 5:30-7:00. Parents and students are invited to participate in reading and activities.
- Friday, March 6: I am NOT Going to Get up Today-PJ DAY-wear pajamas and bring a pillow or stuffed animal because we will be doing a lot of Dropping Everything and Reading (DEAR). If you would like to be a guest reader in your child’s classroom, contact the teacher to set up a time.
Reading Counts Palooza- How many quizzes can VPE students pass in one month???? Let’s find out! Read those books and get ready for those quizzes!!! The student in each grade level (Lower Primary, Upper Primary, Fourth, and Fifth) with the most passed quizzes in March will receive a gift certificate to the book fair in April! Winners will be announced on April 6.
During library classes, lower primary students will compete in a Dr. Seuss book mark decorating contest. Upper primary and intermediate students will complete in a Dr. Seuss book cover decorating contest.
VPE Bookmark/Book Cover Contest Details
- Students choose a book from home, public library or school library.
- If students do not complete their bookmark/cover during library class, they can complete it at home.
- All entries are due by 3/13 for judging.
- Winners announced 3/20
- 1st place- Joseph Beth gift card & free passes to Champs
- 2nd and 3rd place- student’s choice of free book & free passes to Champs
If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Ault at Jessica.email@example.com.
FCPS elementary honors chorus originally scheduled for Thursday, February 19 will be rescheduled due to inclement weather. FCPS officials and music teachers are working to reschedule this event.
KINDERGARTEN & NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION!
April 7 - April 30
April 8 - Evening Registration, 4-7 pm
March Spirit Project
Military Missions Inc. sends care packages to our deployed troops around the world. They send a touch of home to those who are serving in harm’s way on our behalf. They send out thousands of packages each year. They have their largest assemblies at Easter and Christmas, but they do assemblies year round. A list of donation ideas will be distributed to the students. Collection containers will be located in the front hall and picked up on March 27. Please be generous to those who are defending our liberties and protecting us from harm.
VPE Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question about VPE? Check out our FAQ guide here!
Subscribe to Our Newsletters!
Please subscribe to have all the news delivered directly to your email.
To unsubscribe, please enter your email address below