Veterans Park Elementary
Take me out to the Ballgame...
Lexington Legends VPE Day at the Park! Come and Join us for an afternoon of baseball on Kids Club Sunday! All kids get to run the bases after the game!
Date: Sunday, April 19th Game Time: 2:05pm
Tickets are $5.00 for a reserved box seat ticket
VPE will sit together and cheer on the Legends. Any questions contact Betsy Waters at 859-420-0944. This order form needs to be returned to school by Wednesday, April 14th. Checks can be made payable to VPE PTA.
Spring Book Fair
Coming soon to the VPE library...Joseph Beth will be hosting the Spring book fair from April 9-April 17. Please use this voucher in store from April 3-April 19 so that 20% of your purchase comes back to our school!
Watch Us Shine!
- Congratulations to Intermediate Academic Team winners: Connor Bates, Jayda Coomer, Jaydin Farro, Gracie Jones, Annalee Pugh, and Julia Walton. They compete for the Blue Region Title on Tuesday, March 17th at Clays Mill Elementary.
- The winning Primary Academic Team members are Matthew Tillett, Clay Trimble, Hanon Scoggins, Ellie Trimble, Kaitlin Gish, and Camden Stout.
- Congratulations also to Anna Wilson---ORQ Math/Science Blue Region Winner ---She will be honored on Tuesday, March 24 at IKASS.
- We are also excited to announce that Ms. Sproles class will be featuring book reviews made with the Chatterpix app at the STEM Fair on March 14th!
- Gracyn Filer placed third at the Fayette County and Regional Science Fair for her plant sciences project.
- Robopatriots- 7th place out of 45! Congratulations to Arthur Sultanov, Amanda Henderson,Nathan White,Luke Jacobs, William Allen, Mattox Hadley, Carson Lockard, Matthew Haddix, Garrett Howard, and Davis Miller. The Patribots came in 9th place out of 45 teams! Congratulations to Shiv Patel, Daniel Callahan, Nick Lentz, Benjamin Marsh, Ethan Reusche, Alex Bradbury, Shae Stephens, Mina Burton, and Ashton Klepal.
Cathy Crum Bell Scholarship
The Cathy Crum Bell Scholarship is awarded to a high school senior who was promoted from fifth grade at VPE. See the application below for more details about the requirements.
VPE SACS Accreditation
VPE has been awarded continuing Accreditation with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). Click here for the full report.
Reading Counts Palooza
How many quizzes can VPE students pass in one month???? Let’s find out! Read those books and get ready for those quizzes!!! The student in each grade level (Lower Primary, Upper Primary, Fourth, and Fifth) with the most passed quizzes in March will receive a gift certificate to the book fair in April! Winners will be announced on April 6.
If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Ault at Jessica.email@example.com.
FCPS elementary honors chorus originally scheduled for Thursday, February 19 will be now take place on April 13th. The 7 students participating in the honors chorus are: Eliza Eckmann, Abby Howell, Ella Hyden, Matthew Kotter, Jada McDonald, Janae Merten, Julia Walton. Congratulations to these students!
KINDERGARTEN & NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION!
April 7 - April 30
April 8 - Evening Registration, 4-7 pm
March Spirit Project
Military Missions Inc. sends care packages to our deployed troops around the world. They send a touch of home to those who are serving in harm’s way on our behalf. They send out thousands of packages each year. They have their largest assemblies at Easter and Christmas, but they do assemblies year round. A list of donation ideas will be distributed to the students. Collection containers will be located in the front hall and picked up on March 27. Please be generous to those who are defending our liberties and protecting us from harm.
VPE Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question about VPE? Check out our FAQ guide here!
Subscribe to Our Newsletters!
Please subscribe to have all the news delivered directly to your email.
To unsubscribe, please enter your email address below